Try this with any variety of veggies! You’ll need Leanne Brown’s peanut sauce, found here.
Peanut Chicken and Broccoli with Coconut Rice
from Good and Cheap by Leanne Brown
Leanne Brown’s peanut sauce is linked above.
1 1/2 cups rice
1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 pounds chicken, chopped into bite sized pieces
pepper, to taste
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
6 cups chopped broccoli, stems and florets separated (1 large bunch)
1/2 cup peanut sauce
chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine rice, coconut milk, salt, and 1 1/2 cups water in a pot. Heat to a boil and turn heat to low to simmer. Cover and cook until liquid is gone, about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork and cover to keep warm.
- While rice cooks, season chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place a large frying pan over medium-high heat and add 1 tsp. oil. Wait until it is hot and add the broccoli stems first. Cook and stir for 3 minutes and then add the tops of the broccoli and 1/4 cup water and cover. Cook 3 more minutes and put the broccoli in a bowl.
- Add another 1 tsp. oil to the pan and add the chicken. Cook about 5 minutes. Then add 1/4 cup water and cook about 2 minutes.
- Combine peanut sauce, broccoli and chicken. Serve with rice and top with cilantro.